If you have been with us for a long time, you know that we have been working nonstop to better the product for everyone. You folks have been very supportive and helpful as we got the app to a better shape. Thank you all!
We have always listened to you, our customers, and made changes to the app to make it better for you and your family. Keeping the app updated, hosting them on high-capacity servers, and maintaining the app takes a lot of time and money. They are few ways to make money on an app; 1) By selling ads 2) by selling data and 3) by charging for the service.
We are parents and guardians. Family privacy is of the utmost importance to us. We will never sell user data. NEVER! S'moresUp is a family app, and we do not want to place meaningless ads on the app. Our Kids are on it, and we don't want any ads on the app.
Charging for the service through a subscription plan which provides access to Premium features will offset our development cost and help to keep some of the essential services free.
Starting April 1st, we plan to move to a subscription-based you have options to be on one of the two plans.
- A Standard plan which gives you access to the essential features of the app, completely FREE of cost. If you are not a power user or getting introduced to a Family/Chore Management system, this version of the app will be a perfect fit for you.
- A Premium plan which gives you access to advanced features of the app, for an introductory price offer of $4.99/month per family or $49.99/year per family. This plan is best suited for experienced or power users of the app.
Ok, so what is included as part of the premium package?
The Premium version of the app consists of all the advanced features that you currently enjoy to effectively automate your family management experience. Also, you get UNLIMITED upgrades, meaning all the newly planned premium features will be available to you for no additional cost.
The premium feature set includes the following features that help you automate your family management.
- Turn off S'moresUp Community and make the app completely yours. It's just you and your family on the app.
- Advanced Chore Scheduling like weekly/monthly/bi-weekly and multiple times a day
- Advanced Chore types - Compete, Collaborate & Auto Rotate
- Advanced Chore Management - Photo Proof, Late Penalty, Chore Lock & Auto allocation of Points.
- Advanced Rewards Management – Auto-Refill of Rewards & Reward Scheduling
- UNLIMITED upgrades.
What does UNLIMITED Upgrade mean?
We constantly listen to our users and always have a pipeline of premium features under planned development. Below is a list of premium features that are planned to be released in the next 6 months. As part of the introductory price offer, these planned premium features are also included with the Premium plan.
- Custom Badges for your family
- More Admins for your S'moresUp Family
- Family Insights and Reports
- Templates for Bonus & Take-Aways
- Direct Private Messaging with family members
- S'mores statements for kids to help with financial literacy
- Integration with home assistants like Alexa, Google Home
You can move to the subscription at any later time, but you may miss out on the introductory price.
What is the difference between the Standard Plan and the Premium Plan?
You do not get the advanced management feature, You will still be able to enjoy Daily/Weekly/Once Scheduling for chores, chore approval, chore weekly view, Calendar ( Android version planned by March-end), Family Circle, Family Campfire, Bonus, pre-created badges and penalty. You will continue to enjoy the no limits on the number of kids, number of devices, number of chores, or number of families in your circle.
So what does this mean to me?
If you have been on the app as of Feb 15th, you have time till April 1st to decide if the premium version of the app suits your needs. Alternatively, if you decide that the Standard plan works for your family, then do nothing and from April 1st, you will continue to access the standard version of the app, uninterrupted.
If you decide to move to the Premium plan, please use https://smoresup.app/subscribe to subscribe.
If you are joining us after Feb 15th, you will have access to all the Premium features for the first 45 days or 450 completed chores (whichever happens first) to decide on what plan works for your family. Once your trial period expires, the Premium features will be turned off, and anything that is set up to use these features may not function as expected.
You can learn more about pricing from https://www.smoresup.com/#pricing
My family uses both Android, and Apple devices to access the app? Do I have to buy separate subscriptions from both iTunes and Google Play?
No, you don't have to. The subscription is for a family (not the app) and even with any different types of devices, you pay for one subscription and it will be applicable across all devices.
Please use https://smoresup.app/subscribe to subscribe.
What if I need extra time to decide between the plan? How can you help?
As you get closer to the time of making the plan selection, you can reach out to us through the app to request additional time or feel free to write to us at email@example.com.
As always, your feedbacks are very welcome. If you have any other questions or suggestions please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our commitment to you is that we will continue to make this app better for you and your family, and we will help you at every step possible to make your family management a joyful experience.
Thanks & Happy Parenting,
Priya & Reeves - Team S'moresUp