Let's say that you have kids at home who are too young to have an email address or their own device and you want to install the app on the family device that everyone uses. You can add a secondary device to your family using the following steps.
Advantages of using this method are many
- You don't need an email address or password to access the app
- The device never gets logged out. Once paired, you can close and open the app and it always stays signed in
- As a parent, you don't have to share your email address and password
- Along with the latest "Quick Update", this is the easiest way to mark a chore complete.
This is a two-part process.
Part 1: Find your Family QR Code
Step 1: Navigate to the Family Tab and click the Family Settings on the top right corner.
Step 2: You will see the family details along with the Family QR code.
Step 3: Click on the Family QR code icon to expose your Family QR Code.
Part 2: Scan the QR code from the Family Device
Step 1: Install the app on the Family Device.
- Apple device - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/smoresup-best-chores-app/id1287367596
- Android device - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rotation5.smoresup&hl=en_US
- Amazon Kindle - https://www.amazon.com/Rotation-5-SmoresUp-Best-Chores/dp/B07KG8YY59
Step 2: From the login screen of S'mores app on the family device, click on the QR code scanner. If requested, allow access to the camera.
Step 3: Using the QR code scanner, scan the Family QR code.
Step 4: Congratulations! You have successfully paired the Family device with your S'moresUp Family.
Moving forward, anytime you open the app, you will be directly taken to the Choose Profile screen rather than the login screen where the kids can select their profile, and use the app to manage their activities.
Please sign in to leave a comment.